VirtualExpo is 21st on the 2014 Great Place to Work Best Companies list
VirtualExpo finished 21st in the Great Place to Work competition among companies with fewer than 500 employees.
Last March 19th, the Great Place to Work Institute published its list of “best companies to work for.” VirtualExpo finished in 21st place, just behind companies like Blablacar, eBay and Paypal France, Leboncoin.fr and Velux France.
This is a fine score for a first-time participant. It rewards the company’s efforts to enhance team members’ well-being in the workplace.
VirtualExpo’s Company Values
VirtualExpo is a Marseille-based company which is atypical in a number of ways.
Innovative from the Very Beginning
This is exemplified by great adaptability to an ever-evolving market, rapid communication via streamlined decision-making and a supple hierarchy.
“We use participative management to facilitate collaboration between executives and team members, and to improve overall performance… We rely on cooperation, dialogue and delegation.” affirmed Vincent Gérard, Managing Directeur of VirtualExpo.
Diversity in all its forms, and open-mindedness are also keys to company success. People from 25 different countries are found at all levels of the organization. This cultural diversity is an integral part of the company DNA and is the driving element behind its international growth.
It also sets us apart from the competition, allowing us to better understand client needs.
An exceptional work setting and atmosphere encourage the professional growth of employees.
VirtualExpo strives to ensure that team members feel comfortable and enjoy the best possible conditions for active participation in the firm’s success.
- • a modern, open-space layout encourages close ties between managers and team members.
- • lounge areas for meal breaks include an atrium studded with olive trees, a terrace offering a panormaic view and a recreation room with foosball and ping pong tables.
- • striking a balance between professional and personal life is an important element A 35-hour work week spread over 4½ days and perks including subsidized day-care, sports activities, carpooling and word-of-mouth recruiting all contribute to this effort.
- • familiar forms of address are used, regardless of hierarchical relationship.
- • lack of a dress code allows each person to remain an individual.
- • theme-based team outings and company trips are organized during the year to enable team members to get to know one another outside the office.
VirtualExpo in Numbers (April 2014)
Founded by Corentin Thiercelin, the VirtualExpo Group :
- is the leader in B2B and B2C with 7 million unique visitors per month and 27,000 exhibitors
- is firmly implanted on the international scene generating 85% of its turnover outside of France with clients in more than 80 countries
- possesses the largest B2B database – nearly 920,000 registered products, 230,000 product catalogs and 8.4 million newletter subscribers
- has enjoyed strong growth without external investment – born in 2000, Virtual Expo began with just 2 people but now has over 210 team members internationally
- includes 4 online B2B and B2C exhibitions with international reach: industry, architecture and design, the boating and maritime sectors, and medical equipment
For more information, please contact:
Nathalie Lo Monaco: nathalie.lomonaco@virtual-